If you’re doing headlight restoration or windshield repair, some of materials you are using must be used carefully. A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is a document that contains information on the chemical make-up, use, storage, handling, emergency procedures and potential health effects related to a hazardous material.
Safety equipment such as safety glasses, masks, and gloves are recommended for windshield repair and headlight restoration technicians. However, in the event that someone else is exposed to the chemicals, or if your safety measures fail, it’s important to have an emergency plan in place. In the event of an accident, notify the proper authorities and refer to your
Material Safety Data Sheets. The purpose of the MSDS is to inform you of the following:
- The material’s chemical make-up.
- The material’s physical properties and fast acting health effects.
- The level of protective gear you need to wear to work safely with the material.
- The first aid treatment to be provided when someone is exposed to the material.
- The preplanning needed for safely handling spills, fires, and day-to-day operations.
- How to respond to accidents.
Learn how to locate the chemicals in your MSDS, and make sure you have emergency contact information available. You can prepare yourself prior to any accident by following the proper emergency response procedures.
Delta Kits has an impeccable safety record and continually strives to provide the safest products in the industry.