When choosing the right bridge look for:
- Must have an injector capable of filling every type of damage quickly and efficiently. While this seems obvious, one of the most common reasons for a bridge upgrade is due to dissatisfactory performance of a previous purchase.
- When placed on the glass it is critical that it stays there. Again, this seems like a no-brainer but the fact is bridges that attach to the glass with standard suction cups are prone to falling off before the repair is complete. Not only does this compromise the quality of the repair but may also damage the customer’s vehicle. It is important that the injector is not too heavy.
- A good bridge is adjustable so damage to any part of the windshield can be repaired without adapters. A bridge with a fixed or center mounted injector has very limited capabilities but this fact is often overlooked when choosing your first injector.
- Durability and ease of cleaning are extremely important. A simple design made of high-quality materials will require minimal maintenance and provide consistent performance. New technicians only the bells and whistles, not all the small parts that require frequent maintenance or replacement. Worse yet, an overly complicated design may malfunction in the middle of a repair.
- Size matters, but in this case bigger is not better, especially for mobile technicians. Many technicians use several bridges at one time so a compact design is preferable. Large bulky bridges weigh you down and slow you down.
Okay, now for the most common question about Delta Kits windshield repair bridges:
Both the B150 and B250 meet all the criteria above and are capable of repairing every type of damage anywhere on the glass, even right on the edge. Damage fills incredibly fast due to the low pressure hydraulic design that removes trapped air completely rather than using air pressure like vacuum first models. Both bridges easily adjust in all directions for perfect alignment to the impact point every time, even after affixing the bridge to the glass. Both models feature a stainless-steel and aluminum vacuum cup that will hold the bridge securely to the glass through a hurricane but easily remove with the flip of a lever.
The B250 has been one of the best-selling windshield repair bridges in the industry for over a decade. The three point design adjusts to various curved windshields. The base is nylon/fiberglass composite that is nearly indestructible and the injector is quality stainless steel. The injector features Delta’s exclusive spring loaded mechanism for quick and easy injection/vacuum cycling. The B250 windshield repair bridge is a top shelf bridge, with a price that is well below our competitor’s top-selling bridges and the B250 will give a lifetime of service, and a lifetime warranty.
The B150 is even smaller than the B250, fitting easily into shop aprons or the Delta Kits tool belt. The two point design provides slightly less adjustability on curved glass. It is still rock solid due to the flip lever vacuum cup and rigid aluminum base. The B150 is available in a variety of colors. The durable aluminum screw type injector is easy to use and clean. The B150 windshield repair bridge will provide years of dependable service. The price is comparable to competitor bridges with far fewer features.
So, when choosing the right bridge which is “best”? While I use both regularly I believe the three point design and the stainless-steel injector put the B250 on top. The smaller size and lower cost make the B150 a close contender and a great option. Many Delta Kits customer must feel the same because they often end up buying both.
For more information about windshield repair bridges and other windshield repair equipment please call us at 800-548-8332 or visit our helpful tech tip videos at Deltakits.com.