Q: How do I make sure the injector is properly centered over the impact point if the damage is located in the center of the windshield and I cannot site down through the cylinder?
A: The Delta Kits injector centering tool was designed specifically for this purpose. The centering tool is easy to use and is compatible with all current model Delta Kits stainless steel and aluminum injectors.
- With the bridge securely mounted to the glass, simply insert the centering tool into the cylinder push it through the end seal until it touches the glass.
- While keeping pressure on the centering tool to hold it against the glass, loosen the bridge center knob slightly and rotate the bridge until you feel the tip of the centering tool dip into the impact point.
- Continue holding pressure on the centering tool while tightening the center knob, screwing the injector cylinder down until it makes contact with the glass and adjusting the bridge with the rear leveling screw(s).
- Remove the centering tool, add windshield repair resin and proceed as usual.
Q: Why should I buy a Delta Kits B250 rather than a competitor’s bridge?
A: There are a plethora of reasons that customers give for choosing the B250 but here are a few that we hear the most. All six of the attributes below also apply to the B150 bridge.
- Speed. How fast is the Delta Kits B250? While every repair is different and we never advocate rushing a repair, we made this video a few years ago to prove once and for all that when used properly the B250 is faster than any other windshield repair bridge. As you can see from the video, by the time the first vacuum cycle is complete using many competitor systems, a break can be completely filled using the B250.
- Complete air removal. Using the hydraulic principle based on Pascal’s law which states that when there is an increase in pressure at any point in a confined fluid, there is an equal increase at every other point in the container, the B250 fills the damage with resin quickly and efficiently so that any trapped air can then be easily removed with minimal vacuum.
- Stays on the glass. The high quality flip lever vacuum cup holds the B250 securely in place throughout the injection process. A common complaint about competitor bridges is that they fall off the glass!
- Repairs damage anywhere on the windshield. The compact design of the B250 allows for repairs at the very edge of the glass and under visors where other bridges cannot reach.
- Fully adjustable. Unlike many competitor bridges, the B250 does not need to be perfectly centered over the impact point when it is attached to the glass. Adjustments are easy to make on the fly.
- Low maintenance. The inexpensive end seal is the only part that typically ever needs to be replaced on a B250. The bridge and injector are extremely durable, very easy to clean, and the end seal is very easy to replace.
Q: How do I adjust the B250 bridge when working on a curved windshield?
A: The 3-point design makes the B250 far more versatile than competitor bridges with center mount injectors or injectors mounted too far from the center of the bridge. It even works better than the B150 on curved glass as the longer dual rear adjusting screws allow for additional adjustments.
- On a curved windshield mount the bridge to the glass but instead of screwing the injector down until it touches the glass, adjust the rear leveling screws until the injector is perpendicular to the glass.
- Screw the injector down until it touches the glass and give one half to one full additional rotation.
- Adjust the rear leveling screws again as necessary to maintain perpendicularity.