This list has been floating around various social media sites, creating quite a buzz. It’s simple, honest, and forthright. It’s a list of traits that don’t require any special innate talent, zero talent. But when put into action, can result in personal and professional success.
As you read through these ten items, think about what you are doing to get better in each of these areas.
- Being on time – Be punctual whether for work, for school or for a date. Planning is a skill worth having.
- Work ethic – Experience doing the right thing.
- Effort – Come on. Really. We all know what this means.
- Body Language – Handshakes, eye contact. It all means a lot to the person on the receiving end.
- Energy – Hyperactive, keep it down, hypoactive, learn to appear energized.
- Attitude – Sets up your appearance to those around you. An important skill to utilize.
- Passion – What do you love? What makes you excited? Capture that feeling and use it toward something new.
- Being Coachable – Are you able to handle being told what to do or how to do things differently. It all starts when we were young.
- Doing Extra – A passion for doing more than what is expected.
- Being Prepared – Readiness for the upcoming meeting. All your ducks in a row.
Success isn’t determined by educational degrees, financial status or innate ability—those certainly may help—the real keys to success are really as simple as these ten traits. And, only you have control over your success or position in life. You have more than zero talent.
Now get out there and put these into action and see where it leads you!