As we flip the calendar to February, it’s still not too late to set some business goals for 2013. This practice has proven to be very beneficial, regardless of the size of your business. Longtime marketing professional Jim Connolly discusses in his marketing blog, the importance of taking a realistic yet optimistic approach to 2013. It starts by first examining your 2012 results and then looking for ways to improve strategies and tactics for the year ahead. He goes on to say that it takes more than just being optimistic that 2013 will be a great year; you have to take it a step further and explore new ways to grow.
1. Stop copying your competitors. Really. Stop it.
2. Think big. No, bigger than that.
3. Stop aiming for perfection. Aim for your best.
4. Watch less TV. They call it programming for a reason.
5. Read more books. Read books that motivate, educate or inspire you.
6. Lead. The world already has too many followers.
7. Learn to think more creatively. Need Help? Here are dozens of articles to show you how.
8. Deliver on your promises. It builds trust from others and respect from within.
9. Be selective what you focus on. As Earl Nightingale discovered: “We become what we think about.”
10. Forgive. While you’re holding a grudge, they are out dancing.
We hope these tips help to make your business a great success this year. Delta Kits is always here to help, feel free to contact us 1-800-548-8332 or visit our website at DeltaKits.com.