Griot’s G8 Orbital Sander
- Fitted with 3 inch vented hook and loop orbital backing plate & includes 2 inch hook and loop vented backing plate
- 6 speed settings. Set the correct speed for any job for improved control and precision.
- 2000 – 6400 orbits per minute with 8 mm orbit throw.
- Powerful 700-watt, 6-amp motor
- Fan-cooled counter-balanced drive line, designed for smooth-running and durability
- Comfortable ergonomic design features double-shot rubber for supreme comfort.
- 10-foot quick-connect 18 AWG SJO rubber power cord
- Speed dial accessible for right- and left-hand users – Constant control
- Fully variable speed trigger throttle with trigger lock.
- Shroud grip contoured to accommodate four fingers.
- Rest pads for tool to lay stable on its back
- Quick access brush side ports
- Includes 14 mm backing plate wrench and replacement high-carbon brushes.
Griot’s G8 Random Orbital sander with its refined body shape, extensive use of double-shot rubber, and balanced drive line highlight the attention to detail designed into this polisher. The G8’s powerful 700-watt motor, 8 mm dual-action orbit, and included 2″ and 3″ backing plates mean you can focus your headlight restoration process. It’s geared for the long hall too… The Griot’s G8 Orbital Sander gear set is 45% stronger than the previous 3″ machine. Its constant speed control won’t bog down pad rotation when you apply pressure. All this tech translates into a balanced, smooth-running tool that feels great in your hands, allowing you to produce pristine restored headlight restoration all with little to no prior experience. This dream machine is the definition of performance, control, and comfort.
Three Benefits to Delta Kits Headlight Restoration Equipment and Supplies
Professional headlight restoration specialists know Delta Kits is the industry leader in quality headlight restoration products. By and large, Clear Pro and Clear Pro Plus headlight restoration systems eliminate the need for expensive curing lights and spray equipment. Sanding discs and tools are optimized for maximum efficiency. Infinity 4.1 coating provides UV protection, quick dry times, and lasting durability. Whether you are an experienced professional or an entrepreneur, no other headlight restoration system is as easy to use or provides better results. READ MORE
Question: Just curious to hear reviews on your sander of choice and why you choose it over others.
Answer: For 3″ random orbit tools both Griots for electric and Chicago Pneumatic for air. First, we test everything we can find and feel the size, durability, and ease of use is hard to beat with Griots and CP. We really thought Metabo was going to be great as they are made in Germany and have a good reputation, but they use plastic gears instead of metal and just don’t hold up like the Griots. Harbor freight makes air tools in the 3″ for a great price, but they do not have the same feel or quality that the CP tools do. My overall preference is an electric tool and I use the Griots for everything except polishing with liquid, which is not always necessary but really makes a headlight look like new again if all the previous sanding and polishing steps have been done correctly.