Replacement Flat Cushion Spindle supplied with Delta Kits’ popular B150 windshield repair bridge. Molded rubber tip provides secure, scratch free footing that helps prevent marring. Fully threaded for maximum adjustment range.
What to look for:
- Must have an injector capable of filling every type of damage quickly and efficiently. While this seems obvious, one of the most common reasons for a bridge upgrade is due to dissatisfactory performance of a previous purchase.
- When placed on the glass it is critical that it stays there. Again, this seems like a no-brainer but the fact is bridges that attach to the glass with standard suction cups are prone to falling off before the repair is complete. Not only does this compromise the quality of the repair but may also damage the customer’s vehicle. It is important that the injector is not too heavy.
- A good bridge is adjustable so damage to any part of the windshield can be repaired without adapters. A bridge with a fixed or center mounted injector has very limited capabilities but this fact is often overlooked when choosing your first injector.
- Durability and ease of cleaning are extremely important. A simple design made of high-quality materials will require minimal maintenance and provide consistent performance. New technicians see only the bells and whistles of a windshield repair bridge. Make sure to be knowledgeable about all the small parts that require frequent maintenance or replacement. Worse yet, an overly complicated design may malfunction in the middle of a repair.
- Size matters, but in this case bigger is not better, especially for mobile technicians. Many technicians use several bridges at one time so a compact design is preferable. Large bulky bridges weigh you down and slow you down.
Common Windshield Repair Bridge Questions
Both the B150 and B250 meet all the criteria above and are capable of repairing every type of damage anywhere on the glass, even right on the edge. Damage fills incredibly fast due to the low pressure hydraulic design that removes trapped air completely rather than using air pressure like vacuum first models. Both bridges easily adjust in all directions for perfect alignment to the impact point every time. Both models feature a stainless-steel and aluminum vacuum cup that hold the bridge securely to the glass through a hurricane but removing is with the flip of a lever. Continue Reading