- Show all articles ( 141 ) Collapse Articles
Business / Marketing
Plate Glass Repair
Training & Education
Dynamic Rock Chip
What do you do with a dynamic rock chip? I say that because I was filling a chip, and it would only fill if I rubbed the inside of the window. When I stopped, the dark shadow would reappear in the legs. This was all done under pressure. I tried my best, I did minimize the chip but did not get all the black shadow that I would have liked to out. Worked on it for 1 hr. I changed my seals bc I thought my bridge was not holding the pressure. I also drilled a little. Hope this makes sense
- Below are some things that should help you with every repair. Even with those stubborn dynamic rock chip.
- Get centered over the break
- Clean the impact point with your scribe to remove any loose glass or debris.
- When injecting your resin, make sure it’s all the way down the injector barrel, so it goes in the break.
- Make sure the glass is within the recommended temperature range (70 to 100 degrees)
- Take your time and go through multiple pressure and vacuum cycles.
- Look at the damage from multiple angles (move your feet and look around, don’t stand in one spot looking at it).