- Show all articles ( 141 ) Collapse Articles
Business / Marketing
Plate Glass Repair
Training & Education
Is Magnibond the best windshield repair resin for Texas heat?
We have bought resin from you before. We are using Magnibond. Is Magnibond the best windshield repair resin for Texas heat?
The Magnibond works great in Texas heat, and below some things to be mindful of when doing repairs in hot weather.
- If possible, do your repairs in a climate controlled environment or a shaded area.
- Make sure the glass is between 70-100 degrees Fahrenheit, and that your resin is within 10 degrees Fahrenheit of the glass.
- Do not spray cold water, alcohol or any other cold liquid on the glass. When cooling the windshield, do it gradually and if you must use a liquid, try soaking a towel in warm water and laying it across the windshield. The moist towel will draw the heat from the glass quite effectively.
- Use the floor and defroster vents to cool the entire cabin of the car, to minimize the risk of cracking the glass. If you cannot run the car, at least roll down the windows to equalize the inside temperature.
- Use a Delta Kits HX1000 Heat Exchanger for spot cooling.
Table of Contents